AuthorMessage
ZeroHero
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist

Male Number of posts : 480
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2579-1318-6605
Date Joined : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Losing Your Senses   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 pm

This is the topic for the weekly discussion in my psychology class this week. If you had to choose, would you rather lose your sight, hearing, or sense of touch? I'm interested to see what you guys have to say, so I decided to give it here, too.

Here's what I had to say at the school's site:

Quote :
I think I'd have to say sight. Touch is probably the most important of them since you'll know when you're in danger, and I'm pretty sure this is where muscle memory comes in. If you can't feel what you're doing, you'll have a hard time doing it without really focusing on it. Would that also make you crippled? I'm not completely sure, so if anyone knows, let me know.

Out of the three, hearing is the most important to me personally. I love listening to music. In fact, it makes anything I do that much more exciting. I get inspiration from it when I've hit a slump. It makes doing homework more enjoyable. It helps me go to sleep. It's company on a lonely car trip. And sound makes for quicker communication than sign language or texting.

As for sight, my life would change drastically without it, considering how much I use computers lately. Of course, that's easily remedied with someone to read the screen for you. Even without sight, I can still do what I do with my sense of touch, such as typing. I wouldn't be able to play video games, but we can do without those, right? Haha.

I also think being blind would be an interesting experience. It'd be like living in a completely different world, almost. You'd have to learn to get around with touch. You'd probably start to develope a lot stronger sense of motion and maybe be able to detect things through the movement of the air.

Not to mention, sight is the one sense someone else to give to you. People can't tell you sounds or feelings through written words. However, people can tell you what they see and you'll be able to see it through your mind's eye. For example, you can play board games if people tell you what a card says or what your roll is and you can tell them what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1017
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Retired
Special Awards :
Date Joined : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 pm

If I had to lose one of my three sense's I would pick Touch. I don't want to lose my sight or my hearing. I would be blind (sight) or deaf (hearing). If I could not feel (touch) at least I could still see what Im doing and hear what others around me say. I would probably have a hard time being alive if I was blind or death.

Last edited by RenRei00 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dailymotion.com/RenRei00#video=xn80vb
Chris007
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral

Male Number of posts : 146
5Ds WC 2011 FC : しみず: 2021 2124 1091
Date Joined : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 am

i'll choose touch ...well cause just like Rei said... i don't feel anything but atleast i can see things i am doing and hear things
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist

Male Number of posts : 439
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3265 7350 2837
Special Awards :
Date Joined : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:17 pm

i know that most people need to hear and see what they are doing, in any type of jobb, touch is not that important. Jobb gives you money which gives you the oppertunety to live a better life and help more people.

if you lose your sigh you know that there is not much you can do in this world
if you cannot hear others it will become complicated to communicate
if you lose your touch you can still talk with people, get any kind of normal jobbs and have a fun time with friends...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kavasiki
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist

Male Number of posts : 1547
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0818-1241-0766 / 0302-7428-4649
Special Awards :
Date Joined : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:27 pm

^also, you become immune to pain! that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist

Male Number of posts : 757
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2751-3229-9785
Special Awards :
Date Joined : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm

I'll lose touch also, the other two seems more important to me.
Back to top Go down
Duel Bot
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 680
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4898-7788-9503
Date Joined : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Seriously I can live without them.

But...with every disability comes a possibility. It's like this. If you are death people will use signs languages to communicate with you, so basically you never come to know what death is.

If you are Blind, they can still speak to you, and also you will be reading brail lol

If you are unable to feel, like me, you will not know fear. Heck, you will take off a bleeding skin, jump and fall and crack a bone in laughter, as long as you are still alive you live life for the excitements and the thrill of it.

You know, I would prefer all 3 of them, that's just how daring I am. I will still live, and still be at the place I am now.

Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral

Female Number of posts : 177
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1162 2220 3863
Date Joined : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm

I believe it's pronounced Deaf

But I rather lose Touch, same reasons as above Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dummy10000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing Your Senses